Monday, May 26, 2008

An Extremely Boring Day...

Today is so boring, that even the flies seem to have something more interesting to do. I am at school today, in the library, as usual. Well, everyone seems very busy today, probably because of the LaSallian Convention starting tomorrow. Ah, its true then, that the grass always seems greener on the other side.
Well, since I've started writing, I might just as well make it a worthwhile one then. Well, there's not even a single topic to write about except maybe ranting about nonsense , again. I wish I'm allowed to join the Convention but, nah, my parents wouldn't stand for it. They refused to give me permission. You know those idioms that people use everyday, those that become cliches already? Here's my opinion on some of them.

(a) Good things happen to good people.
B.S. Nuff said.

(b) The grass is always greener on the other side.
Its incomplete. It should be continued with:... that is, until you get to the other side.

(c) I always see my glass as being half- full.
Sometimes you get so sick that you would rather drink everything from the glass and get it over with.

(d) Do as I say, not as I do.
Well, what do you do if someone asks you: How do you do?

(e) If someone were to gather every trouble from every single person in the world, and put it in a heap, then ask everyone to take an equal measure from the heap, they would just take their own troubles and be done with it.
Socrates
I couldn't agree more with the old guy.

(f) You can find out more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Plato

It depends on what game you were playing and what you were talking about in the first place.

(g) Behind every great man, there is a great woman.
This is also incomplete. It should be continued with: ... and she's rolling her eyes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

(g) ought to be....

BEHIND EVERY GREAT WOMAN, THERE MIGHT BE A MAN.

A Budding Engineer said...

Haha, lol.

A Budding Engineer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.