Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ah, Love Is...

Ah, today is all about love. I don't know why but I feel particularly smitten about love today. Well, its probably because I have just read the biography of Sir Edward Elgar today. For those in the dark, he is a very well- known British composer, whose great works include the five 'Pomp and Circumstance' marches. Do you know that he composed two pieces for his wife just to show how much he loves her?

Well, here are some timeless quotes about love. They are all personal favourites of mine:

(a) He who love touches walk not in darkness.
Plato

(b) To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with.
Mark Twain

(c) Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
Albert Einstein

(d) No, this trick won't work. How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon such as first love?
Albert Einstein

(e) My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.
Winston Churchill


Ah, I know it seems very cliched but I just realized something today. As we never know when we will die, we might as well do something to make our life worthwhile. I mean, what's the use of hating someone? We certainly won't get anything good in return now are we? On a totally unrelated note, I'm going to Kenny Rogers for lunch tomorrow. Muahaha.

3 comments:

Perry Tan said...

LOL. Start giving lessons la.

nihploD said...

To the centaurian archer,

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! It's what to say when you don't know what to say.

Mary Poppins

Sound crazy? Wait till I blog about it. If I get out of this tiring holidays alive.

o_0 said...

Well... surprised. U will be EMO no.2
Life life life...
life=emo
ahahaha