Thursday, June 5, 2008

Scared Myself Silly

I've been watching too many horror/ suspense/ thriller/ movies recently. Well, aside from giving me an adrenaline rush to kill my boredom, I also ended up scaring myself silly. Take this morning for example, I just watched this movie 'When A Stranger Calls' on Star Movies. Its about a popular urban legend where a babysitter gets a phone call from a mysterious stranger when she's babysitting two kids. She's in a huge house and it was a stormy night (kinda cliched don't you think?) All in all, it was a good movie, actually. Instead of using the ghost with the long hair approach, they rely heavily on technicality such as music, lighting and the angle of the camera to make it work, so its a horror movie minus the 'ick' factor.

There are other horror movies of course, but I would rather not talk about it due to its awesome 'ickiness' or stupidity. On a totally unrelated note, I found that Kenny Rogers is one hell of a restaurant. Caution: Do not even step foot inside unless you are completely famished (with a pocketful of money). Its one of the best meals I've had so far.

And another thing, horror movie characters seem to share one thing in common: It seems that they do not know how to pray to God to save themselves. Good night. Sleep tight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the girl is hot, no?

A Budding Engineer said...

lol. She's okay/