Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Tribute To A Friend

This afternoon, just after I finished my piano class, I received an SMS from a friend saying that she will come to school for the last time this Monday, since she just got accepted at UiTM Samarahan. Let me say something, it's not that I didn't expect her to go, but not this soon, you know. She could have at least given me a week's notice. Oh well, who could blame her. God is mysterious after all...
Today's post is a tribute to this friend. I first met her in Form 1, being introduced to her by courtesy of another friend, Stefan Lim. She is one of the most cheerful person I've ever met and it's been great to get to know her all these years. I wish her success in her future undertakings, and I'm sure she can still visit us in Kuching since UiTM Samarahan is still quite near to St. Joe. (Duh!) Last but not least, I'm sure she would remember a certain joke about Noddy's theme song (lol !). So long, Adeline.

P.S. After saying farewell to so many friends in these past few days, I'm beginning to see that the times that we spent with them, especially friends from secondary school, is definitely priceless. The reason that they're priceless is because they are who we grow up with, and thus they help make us who we are today,regardless of whether we like it or not. Also, they will be very different from all the friends that we will make at any point in our lives, whether when we are in college or working as an adult. I'm not sure how to explain this myself...

Quote of the Day:

"Parting is such sweet sorrow"

William Shakespeare in 'Romeo and Juliet'


No comments: